The American Red Cross of the Heartland’s 10th annual Saluting Our Heroes Breakfast, presented by CEFCU and State Farm, will be Thursday, November 13, and the chapter is currently seeking nominations from the community.
The Red Cross wishes to honor local citizens in the following seven categories.
• Ambassador – a person from our area who serves outside of our area as an outstanding ambassador of our community to others around the country or around the world
• Armed Forces – active, retired, or reserve personnel who acted beyond the call of duty
• Good Samaritan – an individual or group who acted selflessly while helping others in need
• Health & Safety – a person or group whose actions had a positive impact on the health and safety of an individual or group of individuals within our community
• Public Service – a public employee or volunteer (police officer, firefighter, etc.) who acted above and beyond the call of duty
• Volunteer – an individual who made a positive difference or displayed outstanding leadership or commitment to our community through volunteer efforts
• Youth - a person under age 21 showing “heroic” action in a crisis, or an extended charitable commitment.
Applications are reviewed and at least one recipient will be recognized in each category.
HOW TO NOMINATE: Email Patrick.Gavin@redcross.org or nominate your hero online by visiting http://arcillinois.org/bloomingtonheroes. The nomination deadline is August 29. Nominees do not need to be associated with the American Red Cross.
ABOUT THE EVENT:
• WHEN: Thursday, November 13, 2014, 7:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
• WHERE: Doubletree by Hilton, Bloomington, IL
• TICKETS: Tickets are $35 each and tables are set for ten. Sponsorships are currently available. Please contact Patrick.Gavin@redcross.org for sponsorship information.
WJBC has partnered with the Red Cross since the inception of the Heroes Breakfast. Each year, WJBC awards someone with the Spirit of McLean County Award. The Spirit Award is a prestigious award that the station has handed out since 1977 and recognizes “the initiative, imagination, and compassion that we at WJBC call ‘The Spirit of McLean County.’” Nominations may be submitted by e-mailing email@example.com. Please include contact info for the nominator and the nominee.