Babysitting is often a teenager's first business. Babysitter Training from the American Red Cross brings the best in child development and safety training. It builds confidence to hold, feed and care for infants and toddlers, work with children safely and deal with emergencies. Just as importantly, it teaches lifelong entrepreneurial and career development skills.
Topics the sessions cover include:
- * Leadership training
- * The business of babysitting, including how to set your pricing
- * Understanding and caring for kids from 0-10
- * Safety skills: picking up, holding, feeding and diapering infants and toddlers
- * First aid
- * And more
Students also walk away from the course with:
- * Resume and business card templates
- * "How to ace an interview" guide
- * Self-assessment tool
- * Safety inspection checklist
The Dayton course is set for:
- Saturday, Sept. 26, from 9:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m. at the Dayton Red Cross building, 370 W. First St.
- Cost is $85. To register, go to redcross.org/babysitting or call 800-REDCROSS.