Do You Know a Hero?
American Red Cross Hero Awards 2018: Nominations Open
Honor people who have exemplified courage, kindness, selflessness and bravery by nominating them for a prestigious American Red Cross Hero Award. Each year, for more than two decades, the American Red Cross in Oregon and Southwest Washington has recognized individuals who have lived the Red Cross mission to prevent and alleviate suffering. Do you know a hero? Has a colleague, neighbor, family member, or student played an instrumental role in rescuing someone in danger or saving a life? Have they given of their time and talents in extraordinary ways? Nominate them for their heroic actions now!
Nominating a Hero is easy. Complete the simple online form at redcross.org/Heroes2018 or fill out the online form and mail it to American Red Cross, 3131 N. Vancouver Ave., Portland, OR 97227. View last year's Hero Award winners.
All forms must be received by Friday, December 22, 2017. The heroic actions of nominees should have taken place between December 1, 2016 and December 1, 2017. Award winners will be recognized at our Red Cross Heroes Breakfast on March 9, 2018 at the Vancouver Hilton.
Nominate heroes in the following categories:
- COMMUNITY HERO is presented to an individual who displayed leadership and commitment to his or her community by making a positive and significant impact.
- GOOD SAMARITAN HERO is presented to an individual who displayed courage and compassion upon encountering unusual, significant or unexpected circumstances.
- FIRST RESPONDER HERO is presented to an individual or group of the public service community (i.e. EMS, firefighter, or law enforcement) who went above and beyond the call of duty to save a life.
- GIVE LIFE HERO is presented to an individual whose commitment to blood and platelet donation played a significant role in ensuring the health of patients in our local communities and throughout the country.
- MILITARY HERO is presented to an active, reserve or retired member of the Armed Forces or ROTC or civilian that has made a significant impact on the military community.
- YOUTH GOOD SAMARITAN HERO (Under 21) is presented to an outstanding young person who displayed courage and compassion upon encountering an unusual, significant or unexpected incident.
- VOLUNTARY SERVICE HERO is presented to an individual who has displayed an exemplary commitment to voluntary service resulting in a significant and positive impact in his or her community.