responsible for implementing and executing communications strategies across the state and in the local markets. You will work with media, volunteers, colleagues, partners to help people understand how give and get help related to the Red Cross and the wide range of services that it provides to our community each and every day.
The position reports to the Regional CEO and provides communications support to the following departments: fundraising, disaster cycle, SAF, Biomedical services, Health and Safety and volunteer management staff.
Overall, you will be focused on five key areas:
· Strategy: Implements a strategic plan that is aligned with broader corporate communication and that supports service delivery and revenue generation efforts across all lines of service.
· Public Affairs: Acts as on-the-record spokesperson when appropriate and supports executives and Board of Directors as the face of the Red Cross. Leads and supports all Disaster Public Affairs activities for the region through the entire disaster cycle of preparedness, response and recovery. Ensures that duty is delegated to appropriately trained staff or volunteers. Supports Disaster Public Affairs efforts across the division, and potentially, on the national level. May be required to deploy to support disaster response operations outside their region or may be tasked to help with public affairs volunteer training and development across the division. Develops and maintains a Disaster Public Affairs strategy and volunteer capacity within the region that supports the entire disaster cycle (preparedness, response, recovery)
· Media Relations: Develops and implements a social media strategy for the region that reflects the priorities of the region and is aligned with the corporate social media strategy. Maintains positive relationships with members of the media across the region and works with executives and other staff to manage media efforts and relationships across multiple media markets in a region. Produces relevant local content for regional web and social platforms. Participates in the distribution and preparation of press materials.
· Internal Communications: Supports executive level internal and external communication initiatives.
· Management: Manages and leads assigned volunteers. Manages a team of volunteers that can assist with all aspects of regional communication activities, including Disaster Public Affairs, preparedness communication efforts, social media and support for fundraising or event communications. Supervises and delegates responsibilities to communication volunteers.
Join our non-profit organization, where your heart and mind go to work!