The American Red Cross will open an evacuation shelter at Englewood Baptist Church (1350 S Winstead Ave, Rocky Mt, NC 27803) at 3:00pm today.
Red Cross volunteers are providing a warm place to stay for anyone who may be affected by the winter storm.
Anyone evacuating to a Red Cross shelter should bring essential items for each member of the family:
- • Prescriptions and emergency medications
- • Foods that meet unusual dietary requirements
- • Identification to show residence is in affected area and important personal documents
- • Extra clothing, pillows, blankets, hygiene supplies and other comfort items
- • Supplies needed for children and infants, such as diapers, formula and toys
- • Special items for family members who are elderly or disabled
- • Note – Public health regulations do not permit pets in shelters; service animals are permitted.
For more information on winter storm preparedness, visit www.redcross.org or call 1-800-RED-CROSS.
About the American Red Cross:
The American Red Cross shelters, feeds and provides emotional support to victims of disasters; supplies about 40 percent of the nation's blood; teaches skills that save lives; provides international humanitarian aid; and supports military members and their families. The Red Cross is a not-for-profit organization that depends on volunteers and the generosity of the American public to perform its mission. For more information, please visit redcross.org or visit us on Twitter at @RedCross.