You can help the American Red Cross while filing your
2015 New Jersey State Tax Return.
Donations can be made to the American Red Cross-NJ Fund
by checking line 64 on the NJ-1040 Form
and entering code 14.
In New Jersey, the Red Cross responded to 889 disasters, mostly home fires, last year. The Red Cross provided emotional support and emergency assistance to more than 1,820 New Jersey families to help with temporary shelter, food and clothing needs after the fires.
The Red Cross also:
- Collected more than 88,439 units of blood donated in New Jersey. Each unit of blood can help to save up to three lives.
- Empowered 117,088 residents with lifesaving health, safety and preparedness information and skills through courses such as First Aid, CPR, Water Safety and Babysitter’s Training.
- Provided 3,920 military family case services with emergency messages, helping families find assistance and/or get counseling and referrals.
- Worked to ensure those in need received the care and comfort they deserved through the efforts of 5,800 Red Cross volunteers and 80 employees.
- Installed 3,319 smoke alarms in homes that needed them and helped educate families about fire safety through the Home Fire Campaign.
About the American Red Cross:
The American Red Cross shelters, feeds and provides emotional support to victims of disasters; supplies about 40 percent of the nation's blood; teaches skills that save lives; provides international humanitarian aid; and supports military members and their families. The Red Cross is a not-for-profit organization that depends on volunteers and the generosity of the American public to perform its mission. For more information, please visit redcross.org.