Implementing a comprehensive, organization-wide safety, preparedness and business continuity program is an enormous task. Fortunately, the American Red Cross can make it easier than ever for you to support a heart-safe workplace. The Metro Atlanta Chapter will host a free Workplace Seminar this month where people can:
• Find out new tips and tools for implementing a safety and preparedness program
• Learn about the roles of AEDs and Safety Training
• Get an AED overview and demonstration
• Understand compliance and CPR/AED laws
This free seminar is ideal for facility managers, safety and human resource professionals, and other individuals tasked with managing safety and emergency preparedness plans. Those who attend will enjoy refreshments, a 20% training discount plus exclusive AED offers courtesy of our partners at Cardiac Science.
• More than 3 million Americans are injured on the job and nearly 4,500 workplace deaths occur every year. (United States Department of Labor Bureau of Labor Statistics, February 2011)
• Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA) is one of the leading causes of death in the US – an estimated 350,000 occur each year.
• Average response time for 911 calls is 8-12 minutes. Each minute defibrillation is delayed, the chance of survival is reduced about 10%.
About the American Red Cross:
The American Red Cross shelters, feeds and provides emotional support to victims of disasters; supplies more than 40 percent of the nation's blood; teaches skills that save lives; provides international humanitarian aid; and supports military members and their families. The Red Cross is a not-for-profit organization that depends on volunteers and the generosity of the American public to perform its mission. For more information, please visit redcross.org or join our blog at blog.redcross.org.