Each June, fellow golf enthusiasts of the Greater Philadelphia region join forces with the American Red Cross to produce a first-class golf event that serves as a kickoff to the summer golf season. The 2011 tournament built on the American Red Cross Cup's reputation as a premiere golf event while raising the necessary funds for disaster relief in Southeastern Pennsylvania.
See photos from the 2011 Red Cross Cup, and continue to check back for more information on the 2012 Red Cross Cup.
This year, the competition heats up as players compete for ownership and bragging rights of the Red Cross Cup. In addition, foursomes will compete for skill prizes and receive an unequaled caliber of tee prizes, entertainment, and dining. The tournament format is a shamble (best drive - 3 drives per player). Traditional tournament competitions such as Longest Drive, Closest to the Pin, and the Hole-In-One Challenge will also take place.
Be a Part of the Action!
The Red Cross Cup could not be possible without YOUR participation! Whether you demonstrate your skills as a golfer, join as a sponsor, or donate an item to our top-notch auction, the Red Cross Cup will not be the same without you.
8 a.m. - Registration, Brunch Buffet, and Driving Range Opens
9 a.m. - Shotgun Start
4 p.m. - Reception and Silent Auction
5 p.m. - Dinner and Awards Reception
- To make an important contribution to the American Red Cross and its local disaster relief services. In FY11, the - - American Red Cross Southeastern Pennsylvania Chapter:
- Responded to 760 disasters (696 were fires)
- Assisted 1,136 families who lost their homes
- Housed 983 people at Red Cross House, the Center for Disaster Recovery
- Managed 12,191 volunteers