Photos from the event can be found here: https://flic.kr/s/aHskBPfQwV
[Carmel, CA – July 5, 2016] On Friday, June 17, nearly 300 business leaders and guests joined the American Red Cross of the Central Coast at the 11th annual Heroes Breakfast held at Twin Lakes Church in Aptos. The signature event honored the courageous acts of inspirational community members and raised more than $65,000 to benefit the Red Cross.
“We are very grateful for the generous support we received from the event sponsors and from the many individuals who attended this year's annual breakfast,” said Michele Averill, CEO for the Central Coast Chapter, serving Monterey, San Benito and Santa Cruz counties. "Their generosity helps ensure that the Red Cross is there when we are needed most by the people of our three counties."
The Red Cross programs and services supported by the annual breakfast include responding to local disasters, collecting lifesaving blood, teaching skills that can save a life, or assisting military members and their families.
In addition to raising critical dollars for the Red Cross, the event also enables the local chapter to honor a number of local residents for courageous action or selfless community service that exemplifies the values of the Red Cross. The following 11 individuals were honored at this year's breakfast:
· Act of Courage Hero: Zachariah Clayman – Aptos
· Animal Rescue Hero: Summer Emmons – Monterey
· Clara Barton Volunteer Hero: Mary Contani – Gilroy
· Educational Hero: Oscar Ramos – Salinas
· Environmental Hero: Ross Clark – Santa Cruz
· Humanitarian Adult Hero: Dick Peixoto – Watsonville
· Humanitarian Youth Hero: Mercedes Molloy – Scotts Valley
· Law Enforcement Hero: Michael Johnson – Pacific Grove
· Medical Hero: Bruce Block – Santa Cruz
· Military Hero: Antony Virrueta – Soledad
· Rescue Professional Hero: Blake Anderson – Santa Cruz
The event sponsors include Platinum Sponsors: Dominican Hospital, Dignity Health Medical Group Dominican, and Physicians Medical Group; Silver Sponsor: Carl’s Jr.; Bronze Sponsors: Bay Federal Credit Union, Home Helpers Direct Link, PG&E, Salinas Valley Medical Healthcare System, Sutter Health Palo Alto Medical Foundation and UCP; and Breakfast Sponsor: Kendall-Jackson Family Wines.