San Mateo, CA (May 18, 2016) - The American Red Cross of the Bay Area is proud to present the Clara Barton Award to Marilyn Johnson of Belmont.
The Clara Barton Award for Meritorious Volunteer Leadership recognizes a volunteer for service in a series of leadership positions held over a period of years, enabling the American Red Cross to provide valuable service to the community.
Marilyn is the embodiment of the mission of the Red Cross. She's involved at the local, regional and national levels, in deployments and in developing nationally recognized training vehicles for client caseworkers. Marilyn is always available, generous with her time, experience and knowledge. She is a true leader who teaches and encourages and follows up to ensure that true learning takes place.
Other outstanding volunteers honored at the Volunteer Awards and Recognition Event on May 15 at the Foster City Fire Station include:
• Administration and Support Award: Susan Groetchen of South San Francisco
• Community Engagement Award: Jim Holley of Half Moon Bay
• Disaster Cycle Service, Outstanding Support Award: Lynda Frattaroli of Moss Beach
• Disaster Cycle Service, Exceptional Response Award: Betty Fleming of Daly CIty
• Disaster Cycle Service, Exceptional Leadership Award: Colleen Sasso of Daly City
• Disaster Cycle Service, Extraordinary Commitment and Dedication: Beverly Cabrera of Redwood City
• New Volunteer Award: Ken Diaz of Daly City
• Volunteer Leadership Award: Jill Kuendig of Montara
• Volunteer Supervisor Award: Go Funai of San Francisco
• Volunteer of the Year Award: Joe McAndrew of Moss Beach
• Youth Services Award: Janet Liu of San Mateo
Pictures from the event can be found here: https://flic.kr/s/aHskAgeEY3