Photos from the event can be found here: https://flic.kr/s/aHskzseaKA
[Santa Rosa, CA – June 1, 2016] On Thursday, April 21, over 350 business leaders and guests joined the American Red Cross of the California Northwest at the 13th annual Heroes Breakfast presented by St. Joseph Health System. The signature event honored the courageous acts of inspirational community members and raised more than $160,000 to benefit the Red Cross. The Breakfast’s Honorary Chair was Todd Salnas, President of St. Joseph Health Sonoma County. The Breakfast was emceed by Ted Williams, a radio personality at KZST 100.1.
“We are very grateful for the generous support we received from the event sponsors and from the many individuals who attended this year's annual breakfast,” said Jeff Baumgartner, CEO for the California Northwest Chapter, serving Del Norte, Humboldt, Lake, Mendocino, Napa and Sonoma counties. "Their generosity helps ensure that the Red Cross is there when we are needed most by the people of our three counties."
The Red Cross programs and services supported by the annual breakfast include responding to local disasters, collecting lifesaving blood, teaching skills that can save a life, or assisting military members and their families.
In addition to raising critical dollars for the Red Cross, the event also enables the local chapter to honor a number of local residents for courageous action or selfless community service that exemplifies the values of the Red Cross. The following 10 individuals were honored at this year's breakfast:
· Act of Courage Heroes: Lisa and Troy Lunsford – Lakeport
· Animal Hero: Dr. Jeffrey Smith – Middletown
· Education Hero: Becky Fein – Monte Rio
· Environment Heroes: Keary and Sally Sorenson – Sebastopol
· Humanitarian – Adult Heroes: Dana and Michael Bryant – Santa Rosa
· Humanitarian – Youth Hero: Max Nunley – Santa Rosa
· Law Enforcement Hero: Sheriff Tom Allman – Ukiah
· Medical Hero: Dr. Abdul Harris – Santa Rosa
· Military Hero: Peter Cameron – Cloverdale
· Rescue Professional Hero: Jim Wright – Lower Lake
The event sponsors include Presenting Sponsor: St. Joseph Health System; Platinum Sponsor: American AgCredit; Gold Sponsor: Kaiser Permanente and Kendall-Jackson Family Wines; and Bronze Sponsors: Merrill Lynch Wealth Management, PG&E, Silver Oak, Sonoma Raceway and Sutter Heath.