Carmel Valley, CA (October 5, 2015) - Combining the best offerings from area farms, local wines and a beautiful outdoor setting, more than 300 community members gathered to celebrate and learn about the local impact of the American Red Cross of the Central Coast at the second annual Farm to Table event. Thanks to generous donors, the signature event raised over $125,000 for local disaster preparedness, response, and recovery in addition to raising awareness of the vital role the Red Cross plays in local and global communities.
“I’m thrilled and honored to bring together our local amazing chefs, Todd Fisher and Tim Wood, as well as local farms and wineries to benefit the work of the Red Cross here in Monterey, San Benito and Santa Cruz Counties,” said American Red Cross of the Central Coast Chief Executive Officer, Michele Averill. “Carmel Valley Ranch was the perfect outdoor setting to enjoy all the evening had to offer.”
The September 25 event was hosted by the Red Cross of the Central Coast and sponsored by Union Community Partners at Carmel Valley Ranch. The festivities kicked off with music by The Monterey Jazz Festival All-Star Combo Band and a wine and beer tasting reception.
At dinner, Chef Todd Fisher of Tarpy’s Restaurant and Chef Tim Wood of Carmel Valley Ranch served a multi-course meal, including dishes like scallops and local cod, corn sukka-tash basil, black summer truffle, grilled torpedo rouge as well as guajillo chili & burnt orange braised kobe shanks, crispy crushed fingerlings with rosemary & harissa aioli. Produce was provided from the farms of Tanimira & Antle and berries were provided by Driscoll's. At the end of the night, a video was shown highlighting dedicated volunteers who provide relief to families affected by emergencies every week. Thanks to the generosity of the sponsors and guests, over $125,000 was raised to support disaster preparedness and relief in Monterey, San Benito, and Santa Cruz Counties.
Pictures from the event can be found here: https://flic.kr/s/aHskhDsN3X
Thank you to all participating sponsors for this Farm to Table Dinner event:
· Presenting Sponsor: Union Community Partners
· Platinum Sponsors: Carmel Valley Ranch, Tarpy’s Roadhouse, Monterey Mushrooms
· Gold Sponsors: Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula, Driscoll’s, Granite, George Chiala Farms, PG&E, Taylor Farms, Thomson Alliance, Wharf Marketplace
· Silver Sponsors: American Ag Credit, Salinas Valley Memorial Healthcare System, Scheid Vineyards
· Bronze Sponsors: California State University Monterey Bay, Alvarez Technology Group, Fox Racing
· Special Thanks: CSU Monterey Bay Hospitality Program, The Monterey Jazz Festival All-Star Combo Band