FAIRFAX, VA – October 15, 2015 — The American Red Cross in the National Capital Region will present the Lifetime of Service Award to United States Secretary of Defense, the Honorable Ashton B. Carter. The award will be presented during the annual black-tie tribute, A Salute to Service Gala, on Friday, November 20th. The event showcases the Red Cross’s commitment to helping the community in times of need, and is a celebration of extraordinary individuals and their contributions to humanitarian services and service to our country.
The Gala and VIP reception will occur from 6 p.m. to 11 p.m. at the Hilton McLean Tysons Corner. During the reception Senator Bob and Elizabeth Dole will also be presented with the Exceptional Service Award. The host for the evening is J.R. Martinez, a U.S. Army veteran, author, actor and a “Dancing with the Stars” winner. And new for young professionals is our “Rally for Red” reception, taking place in conjunction with the Gala.
Throughout the evening the Red Cross will pay tribute to the men, women and families of the military and our communities who have helped our neighbors and friends prepare for, respond to and recover from emergencies. This event is also the largest fundraiser of the year for the American Red Cross in the National Capital Region.
The Salute to Service Gala is presented with the help of our generous sponsors:
- Presenting Sponsor - Hilton Hotels Worldwide
- VIP Reception Sponsor - Northrop Grumman
- Platinum Sponsors- Amazon; Pepco
- Gold Sponsors - Leidos; The J. Willard & Alice S. Marriott Foundation; PricewaterhouseCoopers; Pyramid Systems, Inc.; Transformation Systems, Inc.
- Silver Sponsors - AT&T; CALIBRE; Exelon; MAXIMUS; Southern Management
- Silent Auction Sponsor - AT&T
- Bronze Sponsors - Attain; Booz Allen Hamilton; PenFed Credit Union; NCI
- Supporter Sponsors - AGS Group; ASRC Federal; ByLight; Deloitte; QMT Windchimes; Noblis; SHAMBAUGH Leadership; Joyce L. Shields; Walmart
- Ready 365 Partners – AvalonBay Communities; Capital One; Host Hotels & Resorts; Residence Inn by Marriott; Northrop Grumman