Register for Classes in Your Area
- Online: Developed for those who need the flexibility to work at their own pace – and want the opportunity to learn in the comfort of their home – our online babysitting classes deliver the latest information in a convenient, simple-to-use way.
- In-Person: Our in-person babysitter classes give you access to best-in-class instructors who will share the latest information on child care, offer tips, and can answer all of your questions so that you're ready to start your own babysitting business. With lecture and class activities, these courses are engaging, informative and fun.
- Basic Care for Infants and Children
- Basic First Aid
- Child Behavior
- Age-Appropriate Activities
- Emergency Protocols
- Growing Your Business
Along with our industry-leading child care and babysitter classes, we also offer First Aid and CPR/AED certification courses. Also available online and in person, these classes allow you to gain additional skills that can help save a life. Successful completion of these courses gives you a two-year certification and access to refresher materials – so you can keep your skills sharp between certifications.
Reid Heiser, Life Saver
One week after 17-year-old Reid completed his Red Cross CPR training, he needed to use it. In November 2011, Reid saved the life of Jim Hammer after he collapsed at the recreation center where Reid worked. Now friends, they share their story.
Red Cross training matters
For more than a century, we've prepared people to respond to emergencies of all sizes - from the everyday to the large disaster. Join the millions we train every year and learn the skills that can save a life.
The Babysitter You Don't Want to Be
- Watch Now
"I'm really glad she survived that"
- Watch the Snyder Family's Story
The American Red Cross makes babysitting training and certification fast, simple and easy. And with Red Cross Digital Certificates you'll get anytime, anywhere access to your certificates; plus the ability to print, share, and download them wherever and whenever you like. Digital certificates can be viewed, printed or shared online and can be accessed anytime through your Red Cross Account. Each certificate includes a unique ID and a QR code which meets employment requirements and allows employers to easily confirm your certificate is valid. Class participants and employers can visit redcross.org/confirm and enter the ID found on the digital certificate (or scan the QR code with a standard QR reader using a smart device) to access a copy of the valid certificate with student training information.