Ukiah home destroyed in fire

Ukiah Home Fire
"We used to love to sit on the porch and watch the planes flying over." - Evonne Fenton, home fire victim

A Ukiah family lost its home and one of its pets Tuesday when a fire started in the kitchen of a single family house on Luce Avenue.

Evonne Fenton said a pan on the stove caught fire shortly after noon Sept. 18, and the fire extinguisher she found was not operating.

"I couldn't find the fire extinguisher that worked," Fenton said, sobbing as she watched her home of 17 years go up in flames

Read the entire article on the website.