The American Red Cross and the Illinois Department of Transportation are making it easy for revelers to designate a sober driver this St. Patrick’s Day. Each year, the Red Cross and their partners team up to offer free, non-alcoholic beverages to designated drivers.
At participating locations on St. Patrick’s weekend and day, designated drivers can enjoy free nonalcoholic beverages in special “This is MY red solo cup” cups and they will also be using “Be safe, have a designated driver” beverage napkins. Bars will hang posters indicating their participation in the event.
This is the seventh year the Red Cross has sponsored the designated driver promotion. Last year, the Red Cross distributed about 2,000 cups to area bars.
Participating locations include:
- Crusen's, 2117 West Farmington Road, Peoria, IL
- Crusen’s, 426 E War Memorial Dr., Peoria, IL
- Goodfella’s Pub & Pizza, 1414 N. 8th St., Pekin, IL
- Jac’s Dog House, 2024 Broadway, Pekin, IL
- Kelleher’s Irish Pub, 619 SW Waters St., Peoria, IL
- Kouri's Pub, 2929 Court St., Pekin, IL
- Two25, 225 NE Adams St., Peoria, IL
- Yesterdays’ Bar and Grill, 363 Court St., Pekin, IL