Our organization is focused on improving and saving lives. Our culture is comprised of ordinary individuals who have the innate desire to do extraordinary things. As an organization that embraces and celebrates diversity and impartiality, we also have the common bond of humanity that unites us together, not just in the face of emergencies and disasters, but in helping our neighbors every day.
The efforts of the American Red Cross have global impact. The depth and breadth of our services – whenever and wherever they're called for – is unmatched by any organization in the world. Our ability to fulfill our mission does not happen without the time, care and passion of our employees and volunteers, who know that the services we deliver and the products we develop help save and improve lives every single day throughout the world.
The Fundamental Principles that lead the way our employees and volunteers serve the world also guide the way members of the Red Cross serve one another. Red Cross values and guiding behaviors provide the foundation for the standards to which we hold ourselves. In our daily interactions with others both inside and outside of the organization, we maintain the highest integrity of our central values that are essential to our continued success: compassionate, collaborative, creative, credible, and committed:
- Compassionate: We are dedicated to improving the lives of those we serve and to treating each other with care and respect.
- Collaborative: We work together as One Red Cross family, in partnership with other organizations, and always embrace diversity and inclusiveness.
- Creative: We seek new ideas, are open to change and always look for better ways to serve those in need.
- Credible: We act with integrity, are transparent guardians of the public trust and honor our promises.
- Committed: We hold ourselves accountable for defining and meeting clear objectives, delivering on our mission and carefully stewarding our donor funds.
Our commitment to fostering high performance and diversity also makes us a leader in the nonprofit industry, but our desire for excellence doesn’t stop there. We actively recruit experts in the fields of humanitarian aid, disaster response, blood banking, and health and safety. We are committed to advancements in information technology, financial management systems, and in implementing programs that help keep us ahead of the competition.
If you’re passionate about helping people and living our core values, and you’re looking for a career with a visionary humanitarian organization, see how you too can make a difference.