The Greater Long Beach/Rio Hondo Chapter of the American Red Cross serves more than 1.7 million people across 34 cities: Artesia, Avalon, Bell, Bell Gardens, Bellflower, Carson, Cerritos, Downey, Hawaiian Gardens, La Habra Heights, La Mirada, Lakewood, Long Beach, Montebello, Norwalk, Paramount, Pico Rivera, San Pedro, Santa Fe Springs, Signal Hill, Whittier, Wilmington, Commerce, Gardena, Hawthorne, Inglewood, Lawndale, Lomita, Palos Verdes Estates, Rancho Palos Verdes, Rolling Hills, Rolling Hills Estates, Torrance, and Vernon.
Through the efforts of more than 800 volunteers, we provide:
- food and shelter for victims of local disasters
- training in emergency preparedness
- teach life-saving skills
- provide emergency communication for military families
- international communication to locate family members separated by disaster or warfare
- youth programs such as Safe Kids Training and Leadership Development Center Camp