The American Red Cross is the leading Los Angeles area provider of health and safety training that meets OSHA guidelines as well as many other professional and regulatory standards.
The Red Cross provides training in many different formats and delivery options:
- Full Service Training – Provided at your location and at your convenience by qualified Red Cross instructors.
- Community Classes – You can send your employees to one of our regularly scheduled classes in your community.
- Classroom, Online and Blended Learning Options – Many of our courses can be taken online for ease and convenience. Many courses that require physical skills practice are offered in a “blended learning” format in which basic information is taught online and the skill portion is practiced in a classroom setting.
- Single National Account for Multiple Locations – We offer companies with multiple locations the convenience of a single account package – with one fee, one invoice and one single point of contact.
- Train-the-Trainer Training – We train and authorize your in-house trainers/instructors to deliver high quality, Red Cross-certified training at your facility.
For employers who need adult CPR training only, this hands-on skills training prepares participants to respond to breathing and cardiac emergencies in adults. Adult CPR/AED is available in a 4-1/2 hour course with AED training included. Available in English and Spanish.
Designed for those who care for children, either full time or occasionally, this course teaches participants how to recognize and care for breathing and cardiac emergencies in infants and children age 12 and younger. CPR – Infant is available separately as a 3-3/4 hour course that applies to infants up to 12 months; CPR – Child (3-3/4 hours) is available separately and applies to children between the ages of 1 and 12. Available in English and Spanish.
Prepare your staff with the knowledge and skills necessary to prevent, recognize, and provide basic care for injuries and sudden illnesses until advanced medical personnel arrive and take over. This course covers first aid, adult CPR and AED training. First Aid and CPR training without learning AED skills is also available in a 5-½ hour course. Available in English and Spanish.
This course teaches individuals currently certified in CPR- Adult the skills and knowledge needed to provide care for victims of sudden cardiac arrest through the safe use of an automated external defibrillator (AED). Available in English and Spanish.
This course meets OSHA’s revised Bloodborne Pathogens Standard. This course teaches participants how bloodborne pathogens are spread, how to prevent exposures and what to do if exposed to infectious materials. Available in English and Spanish.
Focusing on common causes of worksite injuries and key health risks, these one-hour awareness-level modules highlight risks and promote prevention. Self-assessments help employees recognize risky habits. Demonstrations and lively discussions reinforce practical prevention tips. Modules include: Ergonomics; Slips, Trips and Falls; Back Injury Prevention; Workplace Violence Awareness; Managing Stress; and Your Heart Matters.
Streamlined to fit into busy work schedules, this interactive presentation is ideal for employees who want to learn lifesaving skills, but do not need to receive certification to meet OSHA regulations. A 90-minute session is packed with information to help employees stay prepared with valuable lifesaving skills.
To schedule training, please call (310) 445-2688.