The American Red Cross teaches individuals, families, and organizations how to prevent, prepare for, mitigate, and respond to disasters through our Community Preparedness Education (CPE) program. By appointment, trained volunteers can present to small and large audiences in English, Spanish, Cantonese, and Mandarin. These presentations empower communities with the knowledge, tools and resources they need to prepare, safely respond to and quickly recover from emergencies.
Take 10 minutes now to learn how you can protect your loved ones and be ready for emergencies large or small. Ready or Not: Prepare for Chance is the story of instructor-in-training, Chance Delancy, and a group of neighbors whose emergency plans are put to the test. Through their adventures you will learn how to create your own family plan, build your supply kit and safely respond to emergencies when the time comes.
Create a culture of preparedness in your school, workplace or community organization with free onsite disaster preparedness training for groups of 25 or more. Courses typically run for one hour and are customized to meet the unique cultural and language needs of your audience. To register, please complete our Be Red Cross Ready Training request form 4 weeks in advance of your preferred training date.
- Quick Preparedness Tips Brochure (Arabic | Chinese | English | Farsi | French | Hmong | Japanese | Khmer | Korean | Lao | Russian | Spanish | Tagalog | Vietnamese)
- Emergency Contact Wallet Card (Arabic | Chinese | English | Farsi | French | Hmong | Japanese | Khmer | Korean | Lao | Russian | Spanish | Tagalog | Vietnamese)
- Preparedness Handbook (English | Spanish | Chinese | Youth)
- Family Disaster Plan Template (English | Spanish)
- Preparedness Event Toolkit (English)
- Mobile Apps