When a military family experiences a crisis, the American Red Cross Silicon Valley Chapter is there to help.
Twenty-four hours a day, 365 days a year, the Red Cross relays urgent messages containing accurate, factual, complete and verified descriptions of the emergency to service members stationed anywhere in the world, including on ships at sea and at embassies and remote locations.
Contact 1-800-951-5600 and ask for the military caseworker.
When calling the Red Cross, please provide as much of the following information about the service member as is known:
- Full name
- Branch of service (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard)
- Social Security Account number or date of birth
- Military address
- Information about the deployed unit and home base unit (for deployed service members only)
In partnership agreements with the Military Aid Societies, we provide quality, reliable financial assistance to eligible applicants 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Types of assistance include financial assistance for emergency travel, burial of a loved one, or urgent health and welfare needs such as food and shelter.
Contact 1-800-951-5600 and ask for the military caseworker. Information and Referral Services
This is our local team that promotes the emergency related and supportive services to veterans, members of the Armed Forces, their families and the larger community.
This committee pro-actively encourages the ongoing participation of military readiness coordinators, other agencies, and community partners, including nonprofits in an effort to better serve the needs of veterans, military personnel and their families throughout Santa Clara County. Besides the American Red Cross Silicon Valley Chapter, the participating organizations include:
- Family & Children’s Services
- Santa Clara County Veterans Services Office
- San Jose Vet Center
- Navy Operational Support Center
- 351st Civil Affairs Command, Army Reserves Mountain View CA
- 445th Civil Affairs Battalion, Army Reserves Mountain View CA
- Navy Safe Harbor Program
- VA Palo Alto OIF/OEF Outreach Program
- VA Palo Alto
- The Coming Home Project
- Office of Congresswoman Zoe Lofgren
- Bay Area Family Assistance Network - California National Guard
- Military Entrance Processing Station San Jose
- Navy Recruiting District San Francisco
- 7th Psychological Operations Group Army Reserves
- 129th Rescue Wing CA Air National Guard
- VFW Post 40/8
- American Legion District 13
- Palo Alto Fisher House
- South Bay Military Affairs Committee