The first part of our nurse assistant training takes place in the classroom. During classroom training, students will learn all aspects of patient care, through lectures as well as hands-on demonstrations and practice. Students are also certified in CPRO (CPR /AED for the Professional Rescuer a 2-year Certification equivalent to American Heart Association Basic Life Support).
Upon completion of the classroom training students will begin the second part of the program which consists of clinical training. During clinical training students will work directly with patients in a health care facility. You will be supervised by a Licensed Nurse, who is a staff member of our school, and is also licensed by the State of California as a Nurse Assistant Instructor. Each Nurse Assistant Instructor will never have more than 15 students. This assures personalized instruction. During your externship you will work side by side with other aides, nurses and medical professionals. You will learn what working as a certified nurse assistant is like every day in an actual facility.
Once your training is complete you will be ready to take your certifying exam. The American Red Cross is a California State official testing site. This entitles our graduates to take the exam at our school as soon as they complete their training. Our students find this to be a great advantage. Our graduates tell us that being tested in the school they graduated from made them feel less nervous, and more confident. It is also easier to be in a familiar setting using the same equipment which is used during your training program.
- Training books
- 2 Uniforms, shoes, stethoscope and training supplies
- CPR for the Professional Rescuer (2yr certification)
- Hands-on real life experience
- State exam for certification
- Instructors are approved by the CA Department of Public Health to teach our state approved program
- We provide the valuable experience and guidance to achieve your goals
- Prepares the student to seek employment in various health care settings
- State exam can be taken right after completion at the training site attended with little or no waiting time
American Red Cross
Inland Empire Chapter
202 West Rialto Avenue
San Bernardino, CA 92408
REGISTRATION FEE: $100.00 (Non-refundable)
COURSE FEE: $1800.00
- $900.00 (Due-Orientation day)
- $900.00 (Balance due-13th Day of class)
In 2004, there were 1.4 million nurses assistants employed in the US. Nurse assistants and CNAs are employed in a variety of facilities including hospitals, clinics, and home care.
The job growth for CNAs is faster than average, with an expected growth of 21% or more by 2014. A total of more than 500,000 more additional employees will be needed. There are excellent employment opportunities for CNAs across the nation.
As the medical field continuously grows, certified nursing assistants are on the front lines for providing quality patient care. Becoming a CNA is a good idea for someone interested in the nursing field but not sure which path. A CNA* job will set you on the fast track to a quality career in the medical field.
- Over 100 years of nursing experience and an industry leader.
- Our NAT instructors are State Approved Licensed and Registered Nurses.
- Flexible NAT course locations and schedule, including weekends.
- We offer one of the best NAT Programs** in the industry by using a combination of lecture, hands-on/on-site, and audio video training.
- Our program is also a California State Testing Center, so students take the state exam in their very own classroom setting. Students feel more comfortable being tested where they have studied.
*Certified Nursing Assistant upon successful passing of the state competency evaluation exam.
**Based on % of our students passing State exam.
We also offer a 26 hour continuing education approved Home Health Aid course. Available upon successful completion of the program and passing the Competency Evaluation Test