The ARCUSF is the first University-level club of the American Red Cross Tampa Bay Chapter. It started in the fall of 2007 and is led by USF students and faculty and supported by chapter staff. The club is appealing to students of all majors, including pre-med, health, communications, international relations, social sciences, education, theater performance, ROTC, and much more.
The club offers students training and volunteer opportunities in all areas of American Red Cross service, including Disaster Services, Service to Armed Forces, International Services, Health and Safety Services, Hospital Volunteering, Public Affairs, Diversity Outreach and Youth Services. In addition, the club holds monthly meetings on campus, participates in the weekly all popular USF Bull-Market, and aims to offer the students Red Cross training and volunteer opportunities on or close to campus.
- Must be an enrolled USF student
- Complete the American Red Cross new volunteer orientation and interview. Group orientations are offered at first club meeting of the semester in September and January as well as individually through the Youth & University Specialist at the chapter.
- Must enroll in the club on the USF Blackboard site
- Must complete training for appropriate volunteer function
- Must commit a minimum of 20 volunteer hours per year