- Homeowner’s Handbook to Prepare for Natural Disasters (PDF, 7MB)
- State Civil Defense
- Kauai County Civil Defense
- Department of Emergency Management
- Maui County Civil Defense
- Hawaii County Civil Defense
- Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute Preparedness Tool
- NOAA Hawaii
- Pacific Tsunami Warning Center
- Hilo Tsunami Museum
- International Tsunami Information Center
- National Weather Service Central Pacific Hurricane Center
- Joint Typhoon Warning Center
- United States Geological Survey
The official American Red Cross mobile apps for preparedness puts expert advice for everyday emergencies, major disasters, pet first aid, and more right in the palm of your hand. Available for iPhone and Android devices, these Red Cross mobile apps give you instant access to the information you need to know to handle and prepared for everyday and major disasters. With videos, interactive quizzes and simple step-by-step advice it’s never been easier to be prepared.
For more information on our Red Cross preparedness mobile apps, please follow this link:
It is critical that the millions of pet parents nationwide address the needs of four-legged friends as they make emergency preparedness kits and plan for the unexpected. Emergencies can require responding at a moment’s notice and it’s important to know how to care for your pet in these situations.
The Hawaiian Humane Society takes the lead on providing for pets during time of disaster. Whenever possible, we co-locate pet shelters with evacuation shelters, to help more of the population safely evacuate from a hazard threatening our community.
For more information on pets and disaster, please follow these links:
Building on its commitment to the American Red Cross, W.W. Grainger, Inc. proudly serves as the national founding sponsor of the Ready When the Time Comes national pilot program. The Hawaii State Chapter launched this program on May 19. This program will train corporate volunteers to assist Red Cross with the activities of shelter operations, damage assessment and bulk distribution during a major disaster.
To find out more information, please send an inquiry to Jaylene.Chee@redcross.org.