David Emerson has served as regional Chief Executive Officer for the American Red Cross Phoenix Region since November 2013. He had served as interim CEO for about four months earlier in 2013.
Emerson’s prior Red Cross experience includes being the Chief Operating Officer of the North Texas regional grouping where he distinguished himself as a leader with expertise in strategic planning, change management, team building and fund development. He managed program activities, volunteer management and business operations.
The Greater Phoenix Chapter ranks as the fifth-largest chapter nationally and serves more than 5.1 million people in Apache, Coconino, Gila, La Paz, Maricopa, Mohave, Navajo, Pinal, Yavapai and Yuma counties. It has 35 staff members, 500 adult volunteers and 400 youth volunteers who aid their neighbors by ensuring they have a safe place to sleep, food, clothing and comfort following natural and manmade disasters.
Prior to the Red Cross, Emerson served in a variety of U.S .and international corporate management and consulting roles in both non-profit and for-profit sectors. His private sector experience includes more than 20 years in insurance, financial services and retail.
He earned his bachelor’s degree in management from Henderson State University; and his master’s degree from Columbia International University.
He and his family make their home in Phoenix.
- David Hansen, Chair, Associate Attorney, ScottHulse Law Firm
- Antonio Bernal, Vice-Chair, Supervisor, Texas Gas Service
- Marvin McLellan, Secretary, Market Director, Sierra Providence Health Network
- Kerran Fowlkes, Commercial banker, Capital Bank
- Jerry Harris, Senior VP, WestStar Bank
- Hazel Kennedy-LeDesma, VP Remote, Deposit & Business Operations, GECU
- George Leeser, Finance Director, Hyundai of El Paso
- Andy Ramirez, Board Chair, VP Power Generation, El Paso Electric Company
- Daniel Medrano, Captain, El Paso Fire Department
- William Newton, Operations Superintendent, Western Refining