For tickets, sponsorship opportunities, or more information, please contact Cindy Gericke at (805) 242-4639 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you know a hero who has made a difference in your community? Throughout our community there are seemingly ordinary people who have touched our lives through their selfless acts of courage.
These Heroes may have helped save a life, performed an extraordinary act of compassion, or have demonstrated an exceptional spirit of giving. Please help us honor local individuals and organizations in San Luis Obispo County who have made a difference through their acts of courage, compassion and leadership.
- Education Hero: An act of heroism performed by an individual in an educational environment. This category includes private and public schools, continuing education schools, community colleges and institutions of advanced learning.
- Good Samaritan: A person who has shown an act of heroism in some unusual way or in a time of crisis, or one who has shown an extraordinary and sacrificial commitment to the ongoing serious needs and challenges in San Luis Obispo County.
- First Responder Hero: An act of heroism performed by an individual trained to respond as a part of his or her professional employment. This category includes police, deputy sheriffs, firefighters, lifeguards, 911 dispatchers or Coast Guard personnel.
- Medical Professional Hero: An act of heroism performed by an individual trained to respond as a part of his or her professional employment. This category includes physicians, nurses, and any employees in medical settings.
- Military Hero: An act of heroism performed by a member of the armed services, including the National Guard.
- Corporate Hero: A significant act for the community as performed by an organization or company.
- Youth Hero: An act of heroism by an individual under the age of 21
Nominees must live or work in San Luis Obispo County - The heroic act does not need to have occurred in San Luis Obispo County
The heroic act must have taken place in the calendar year preceding the awards event
(e.g., our 2014 Heroes event celebrated heroic acts in 2013.)