Call our 24-hour hotline at 1-888-4-HELP-BAY (1-888-443-5722) to be connected with one of our services to the armed forces caseworkers. The Red Cross can help you with emergency communications, emergency financial assistance, and information or referrals to other organizations that support military families.
The Red Cross assists in communicating emergency family matters, such as serious illness, death in the family or birth of a child. After verifying the emergency, we will relay the information to the military authorities who will then deliver the information to the armed forces member. This information can then be used to verify the situation for leave requests.
- Name of armed services member
- Military member’s social security number
- The branch of the military he or she serves
- The general location of where the armed services member is currently serving
- Emergency reference contact information (e.g. doctor, nurse, funeral home, etc.)
The Red Cross provides emergency communication 24 hours a day, seven days a week for military members and their families.
Due to the generosity of individuals, companies and foundations in the Bay Area, all emergency communications assistance is free of charge.
To receive help with emergency communications or other services for military families, please call 1-888-4-HELP-BAY (1-888-443-5722).
The American Red Cross Bay Area is proud to partner with USA Together. USA Together joins injured service members who need assistance as they recover with the people who want to help them. Injured service members, or someone acting on their behalf, such as a family member or caseworker may apply to USA Together.
1. They validate the service connected injury by requesting certain documentation be sent to us. Then we help identify the most essential needs to be posted and we do so. Pictures are NOT REQUIRED, but they do put a face to the story and they are encouraged.
2. As soon as a request is posted, those who subscribe to the USA Together site get notified via email and will review the request and potentially offer to help.
3. People visiting the site daily also can browse the requests and offer to help.
4. They cannot predict how soon a request will be met nor can we guarantee that it will be met at all. All they can do is get the word out across the country.