|County||Preparedness Phone||Preparedness Email|
|Contra Costa||(510) 788-0727||GetPrepContraCosta@redcross.org|
|Del Norte||(707) 443-4521||GetPreparedDelNorte@redcross.org|
|San Francisco||(415) 427-8185||GetPrepSanFrancisco@redcross.org|
|San Mateo||(650) 259-1769||GetPreparedSanMateo@redcross.org|
|Santa Clara||(408) 577-2070||GetPrepSantaClara@redcross.org|
|Santa Cruz||(831) 600-4917||GetPreparedSantaCruz@redcross.org|
|San Benito||(831) 600-4917||GetPreparedSanBenito@redcross.org|
The American Red Cross and its partners have launched an initiative that aims to reduce deaths and injuries caused by home fires by 25% in five years with the Home Fire Preparedness Campaign.
The Red Cross is asking every household in America to join us in taking two simple steps that can save lives: checking or installing smoke alarms and practicing fire drills at home.
The Pillowcase Project is a preparedness education program for children in grades 3 – 5, which teaches students about personal and family preparedness, local hazards, and basic coping skills. Generally given as a 60 minute presentation by Red Cross volunteers, the program leads students through a “learn, practice, share” framework to engage them in disaster preparedness. Students receive a sturdy pillowcase upon completion of the program in which they are encouraged to build their personal emergency supplies kit. Presentations are customized to focus on a hazard that is important and relevant to the local community.
- Quick Preparedness Tips Brochure (Arabic | Chinese | English | Farsi | French | Hmong | Japanese | Khmer | Korean | Lao | Russian | Spanish | Tagalog | Vietnamese)
- Emergency Contact Wallet Card (Arabic | Chinese | English | Farsi | French | Hmong | Japanese | Khmer | Korean | Lao | Russian | Spanish | Tagalog | Vietnamese)
- Preparedness Handbook (English | Spanish | Chinese | Youth)
- Family Disaster Plan Template (English | Spanish)
- Preparedness Event Toolkit (English)
- Mobile Apps