Since its inception, the American Red Cross has played a critical role in supporting those serving in the armed forces and their families. With resources and expertise around the world, the Red Cross provides emergency communications and other services to support military families.
The Red Cross assists in communicating emergency family matters, such as serious illness, death in the family or birth of a child. After verifying the emergency, we will relay the information to the military authorities who will then deliver the information to the armed forces member. This information can then be used to verify the situation for leave requests.
In order for us to help you, you must have the following information when you call for assistance:
- Name of armed services member
- Military member’s social security number and birth date
- The branch of the military he or she serves
- The general location of where the armed services member is currently serving
- Emergency reference contact information (e.g., doctor, nurse, funeral home, etc.)
- Pre-Deployment Briefings
- Coping with Deployment: Psychological First Aid for Military Families
- Reconnection/Reintegration Workshops for Service Members
- Emergency Financial Assistance
- Sonoma, Mendocino & Lake Counties Resource Directory for Military Members, Military Families and Veterans