Phlebotomy Training: This course is designed to teach and give hands on training to individuals desiring to enter the field of allied health care. The primary goal is to instill the latest information on blood collection techniques, skills and equipment for a safe and effective specimen collection thus enhancing customer service and promoting patient care.
Required Documents needed before registering for a class:
- Medical Form: Physical Exam within the current year, MMR, Negative TB or Chest X-Ray within 1 year(cannot expire during class/clinical session) Tetanus/Diphtheria booster and Hepatitis B Vaccine.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Must attend an Orientation
- High School Diploma, GED, or College Transcripts.
- Present current photo ID - Drivers License, Passport, or state issued ID card.
- A $950 enrollment fee required to hold your place in class, the total cost of the program is $1900
- A Background Check must be completed as a pre-condition to participate in the Phlebotomy program.
- Full payment is due 7 days prior to the start of class.
- Proof of Malpractice Insurance
Classroom Day Session: 4 weeks – Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9:00am-3:30pm. These classes are followed by an additional 2½ - 3 weeks (100 hrs) of clinical internship**, Monday through Friday, 40 daytime hours a week. (7am – 3:30pm or 8:00 am - 4:30pm)
** Clinical rotation subject to change based on availability
To Register & Class Information: Registration is completed after passing the Assessment Exam and meeting other requirements as noted above. The Assessment Exam is offered at different times at each location, so please contact the location of interest. Online registration is not available at this time. Please check below for class information and locations. For additional information please contact your local Red Cross location:
Refund Policy: Student wishing to request a refund prior to the start of class, the refund amount will be what you have paid less the $250 enrollment fee that is included in your tuition. The student will need to communicate this in writing to the American Red Cross prior to the start of class, to be eligible for a refund of payments made. The communication should identify that you wish to drop out of the class and the reason. No refunds will be issued for a student that is dismissed for absenteeism, tardiness, or fails the program. Classes may be cancelled due to low enrollment. Full refunds will be issued to students enrolled in a class that is cancelled due to low enrollment.
- Worcester: Lydia Zelayandia, (508)595-3715
- Leominster: MaryEllen Kilbreth, (978)537-3339