The American Red Cross offers training for entry-level healthcare careers through its Nurse Assistant Training (NAT) program. The program equips students with the skills necessary to start a career in this fast -growing industry.
American Red Cross NAT instructors teach students the skills required to become CNAs and provide basic care such as: feeding, dressing, bathing and monitoring patients, so they can work in long-term healthcare facilities such as nursing homes and assisted living facilities, hospitals, and in-home health care. The program also offers graduate placement support and a distinct emphasis on professionalism, punctuality, and a commitment towards work ethic.
The American Red Cross has provided nurse assistant training for more than two decades and has been a leader in the nursing profession for more than 100 years. With its strong tradition of nursing, the American Red Cross is an excellent choice for individuals seeking nurse assistant training.
For additional information about the NAT Program, please call our Nurse Assistant Training Team (804) 780-2262 and enroll in a class today!
- Tutoring available before & after classes
- Classroom instruction taught by Registered Nurses (RN)
- Small student to instructor ratio
- State of the art classroom & medical equipment
- CPR, First Aid and AED 2 year certification
- Textbook, student handbook, study guides & all skill supplies included
- Hands-on clinical experience at a local long-term care facility
- State testing exam review course
- Job Fair with local health care employers
- Graduation ceremony with American Red Cross Nurse Assistant pin
- Eligible to take state exam, upon successful completion of the course
- Day Classes; Monday through Friday from 9am-4pm for 4 weeks
- Evening Classes; Monday through Thursday from 6pm-10pm for 9 weeks
- At least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent (T.A.B.E. test provided to those 18 years or older without High School Diploma or GED)
- Complete American Red Cross NAT Program application
- Signed background check release form (provided by NAT department)
- Government issued photo ID
- Negative 1 Step TB skin test or negative Chest X-Ray
- Physical examination
- Student uniform; white scrub top, red scrub pants, white non-skid tennis shoes
- $1,250.00 course tuition. Full payment due at least 1 week prior to class start date. Call (804-780-2262) for information regarding partial payment options and/or financial assistance.
American Red Cross
420 East Cary Street
Richmond, VA 23219
American Red Cross
123 North Alfred Street
Alexandria, VA 22314