- Helping people in emergencies and disaster response.
- Teaching people how to prevent, prepare for and respond to emergencies
- Teaching first aid & CPR, swimming and other health and safety skills
- Delivering emergency messages to members of the military
- Reconnecting families separated around the world through international tracking services, etc.
- Organizing youth programs
Red Cross volunteers work directly with people, serve on boards of directors, serve as managers, advisors, and provide behind the scenes support. Be a Red Cross volunteer!
Helping others feels good, and helps you feel good about yourself. Your local Red Cross can work with you to provide rewarding experiences, opportunities to utilize your talents, or provide training to help you serve your community.
Looking to volunteer on a regular basis? A variety of opportunities are available for you to join us daily, weekly or monthly.
If you are under the age of 18 and would like to become an American Red Cross Youth Volunteer, please complete and submit the Youth Volunteer Application.