The American Red Cross Northwest Region brings together local volunteers to care for their neighbors, trains hundreds of thousands of people each year in life-saving skills, and responds to a local disaster almost daily. With offices located throughout the state, we serve the people, businesses and communities of Washington and the Idaho Panhandle.
- Immediate, short-term disaster assistance for victims of fires, floods, earthquakes and other natural or man-made disasters
- Community disaster education
- Safety classes for adults and youth
- Workplace preparedness and training
- Emergency kits and supplies
- International communication to locate family members separated by disaster or warfare
- Emergency communication for military families
- Patient and staff support at Veterans’ hospitals and homes
- Language translation and interpretation
The chapter also mobilizes local volunteers and resources to help respond to disasters across the nation and around the world.
Last year, our region:
- Responded to more than 1,100 disasters.
- Reached more than 40,000 youth and adults with safety and preparedness training.
- Assisted 2,860 military families and individuals with emergency communications, welfare inquires and other services.
- Brought together 4,735 local volunteers who gave over 200,000 service hours of time and expertise.