- Responded to 485 local disasters, helping 1,269 families displaced by home fires.
- Collected more than 26,500 units of blood through blood drives and our donation centers.
- 79,341 individuals learned lifesaving skills through classes and training in CPR, AED, first aid and aquatics.
- Provided 1,985 military family case services with emergency messages, helping families find assistance and/or get counseling and referrals.
These Red Cross services are made possible by the generous contribution of time from 3,000 volunteers that help make a difference in our communities!
- Be the charity of choice for donors and volunteers.
- Provide high-quality, caring, timely and relevant services that help people prevent, prepare for, and respond to emergencies.
- Serve an increasingly diverse public with a diverse workforce and leadership team.
- Act as a resource by collaborating, supporting and participating with other organizations.
Foster innovation by:
o Responding to new opportunities for service.
o Constantly learning, and maximizing our human potential.
o Being a leader in product and service innovation.
o Utilizing fully-integrated technology and information systems to develop and deliver products and services.
- Be known for service excellence, always and everywhere.
- Use our expertise and resources to mobilize and train people in short periods of time to respond to emergency events.
- Bring hope, compassion and caring to those we serve.
- Attract and retain the best volunteers, paid staff, youth and young adults to ensure continuation of our proud heritage.
- Show the highest ethical and fiscal responsibility.