- The Presentation Types Are:
- “Together We Prepare,” a 30-60 minute presentation intended for adults, discusses disasters that can occur in our geographic area and the three essentials of being informed, making a plan, and building a kit.
- A 30-60 minute “Youth Together We Prepare” is similar but designed for ages 11-17.
- “Pillowcase Project”, a standardized national program sponsored by the Walt Disney Company, empowers youths in school grades 3-5 to prepare for emergencies. The program is implemented in a school in either one 60-minute presentation or two 30-minute presentations, and each child is given a pillowcase to decorate, a workbook of exercises to practice, and a certificate of completion at the end.
- A 20-30 minute “Preparedness Pals Resilience Challenge” discusses fire, earthquake or winter safety in an interactive and entertaining format appropriate for ages 3-10. An outreach booth can be scheduled for a community event or fair.
For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 541-382-2142 or 1-800-991-9515.
To request a Red Cross preparedness presentation, including the Service to the Armed Forces “Get to Know Us Before You Need Us”, for your group, please complete the form below. We apologize that we may be unable to fulfill requests for events that are requested less than four weeks in advance or with fewer than 20 attendees.