The American Red Cross serving Central Pennsylvania provides vital services to the 22 county regions 365 days a year—from responding to home fires in local neighborhoods to teaching first aid and CPR to community groups.
We’re able to provide these services thanks to a corps of more than 1,852 dedicated volunteers and the generosity of our donors. The American Red Cross puts these donations to good use—we are proud to tell donors that we invest an average of 91 cents of every dollar in humanitarian services and programs, well above the industry standard.
- We responded to 520 disasters throughout Central PA
- We assisted 803 local families affected by disaster.
- We educated 1.3 million people in disaster preparedness.
- We helped 653 local military families with a variety of services, including emergency communications.
- We trained over 38,503 individuals in the Central PA area in life-saving skills like First Aid & CPR.
- We helped 24 local families trace their loved ones who were victims of the Holocaust, the Ivory Coast conflict and other victims of global conflict.
- We collected nearly 70,000 units of life-saving blood.
A United Way Program Partner