Congratulations to our Outstanding Red Cross Club for the 2011-2012 School Year: Central Dauphin East Red Cross Club! The club held a successful blood drive, created first aid kits for every classroom in the school, and raised over $1500 for the American Red Cross.
From left to right: Greg Potteiger, Assistant Principal; Janell Fisher, Regional Volunteer/Youth Specialist, American Red Cross; Nishan Pressley, CD East Red Cross Club President; Robyn Euker, CD East Red Cross Club Advisor; Jason Geissler, Dean of Students.
- The Club held a successful blood drive earlier in the school year. This was the third consecutive year that the Club held a blood drive at the school.
- The Club raised nearly $50.00 through lollipop sales to support the Measles Initiative.
- The Club held a successful blood drive earlier in the school year.
- The Club is raising money to supply each classroom in the school with a first aid kit.
- The Red Cross Club creates a quarterly newsletter that is distributed to all students in the school. Check out the latest edition.
- The Club mailed holiday cards to soldiers and veterans as part of the Holiday Mail for Heroes campaign.
- The Club conducted youth programs as part of the after-school program in their school district.
- The Club distributed 200 fire safety door hangers in the neighborhood around their school.
- Hosted a community night featuring safety information hosted by the local police/fire departments.
- Represented the Red Cross at community events.