Sudden cardiac arrest is one of the leading causes of death in the U.S. Over 350,000 people will suffer from sudden cardiac arrest this year . It can happen to anyone, anytime, anywhere and at any age. An AED is the only effective treatment for restoring a regular heart rhythm during sudden cardiac arrest and is an easy to operate tool for someone with no medical background.
Time is of the essence:
- The average response time for first responders once 911 is called is 8-12 minutes.
- For each minute defibrillation is delayed, the chance of survival is reduced approximately 10%.
- Boston Celtics’ strength and conditioning coach, Bryan Doo, used an AED to save Chuck Conley’s life at Newton’s Hyde Community Center. The AED was placed in the gym by a local doctor after a friend of his died in the same gym during a game.
- Five students saved a teacher’s life at the Noble Activity Center Pool, using an AED. “We hooked him up to the AED, and it administered a shock. His color started coming back, and he started breathing. Without that AED, we would have lost him.”
What is an AED?
AED stands for Automated External Defibrillator.
It is a medical device that analyzes the heart’s rhythm.
If necessary, it delivers an electrical shock, known as defibrillation, which helps the heart re-establish an effective rhythm.
Liability protection for rescuers and providers of AEDs:
Federal Cardiac Arrest Survival Act (2000)
All 50 U.S. states and DC have specific AED laws and regulations limiting liability
- Daily, weekly, monthly self-tests to ensure reliability
- Available in semi and fully-automatic operation (no shock button required)
- Customizes the energy level delivered to each patient
- 7-year AED warranty is among the longest in the industry
- Text display lends extra help in noisy and chaotic environments
- Industry leading 4-year AED battery guarantee
- FRx biphasic waveform is highly effective yet minimizes harmful side effects
- The FRx defibrillation therapy is backed by over 40 published, peer-reviewed studies
- The FRx AED offers CPR Coaching for use on adults and children
- SMART Pads II enable to FRx to keep pace with responders by adjusting to their actions
- With patented Quick Shock, the FRx is among the fastest in class at delivering a shock after CPR (typically in 8 seconds)
- Pads integrity test specifically tests readiness-for-use of pads
- Insertion of the Infant/Child Key signals treatment of an infant or child, allowing you to use one pads set
- More EMS units around the world use LIFEPAK equipment than any other brand
- Every product developed and sold is clinically validated and backed by science
- More lives have been saved by LIFEPAK products than any other defibrillator
- American-owned, American-made
- A fully automatic model with a two-step operation and no need to push a shock button
- SafeGuard™ Battery System for redundant power supply
- Easy-to-position electrode pads
- ClearVoice™ audio prompts give calm, clear guidance
- Simple transition to EMS teams who also use LIFEPAK products
- One of the industry’s longest warranties at 8 years
- Ability to escalate energy up to industry-leading 360 Joules for difficult-to-defibrillate patients
- The AED Plus is the only AED with Real CPR Help® technology, providing real-time feedback for both depth and rate of chest compressions during CPR
- Once installed, the AED Plus has the lowest total cost of ownership
- The AED Plus is powered by 10 lithium batteries that can be purchased at any retail camera store
- The AED Plus has the best Ingress Protection rating for both water and dust, protecting it in any environment
- Variety of options – 4 vendors and 11 models
- AED training and re-training programs
- AED program implementation at your facility, including site analysis
- Facilitation of purchase of units, accessories, and service and maintenance plans
- Working with the Red Cross also supports services in our community
- Latest Science
- Aligned with Emergency Cardiac Care (ECC) Guidelines
- Meets OSHA Guidelines
- Approved by the Red Cross Scientific Advisory Council
- Extendable with add-on modules or training (Bloodborne Pathogens, Asthma Inhalers, and more)
- Two-year certification with free digital refreshers
- Free digital or affordable print materials
- Emphasis on hands-on skills
- Flexible training options (classroom/blended/train-the-trainer)
- Superior instructor resources