The Central South Carolina Chapter serves Calhoun, Fairfield, Lexington, Newberry, Orangeburg, Richland, Saluda, Aiken, Allendale, Bamberg, Barnwell, Edgefield, Clarendon, Kershaw, Lee and Sumter counties and is part of the Palmetto SC Region of the American Red Cross.
The Red Cross works tirelessly to help those who need assistance, whether down the street, across the country or around the world. We are there to save the day when disaster strikes or when a neighbor’s house burns down. We are there when someone needs life-saving blood, or the comfort of a helping hand. We are there to connect military families with their loved ones in service, provide training in CPR, aquatics safety and first aid and spread humanitarian aid to people around the world.
Volunteers are the heart of the Red Cross and make up 96% of our workforce. Volunteers donate their time and energy to selflessly serve those in need and demonstrate the compassion and generosity for which Americans are known.
The Red Cross is not a government agency and relies on donations of time, money and blood to do its work. When you help with a gift of your time, your blood donation, or your financial gift, you join the Red Cross family. Thank you to all the supporters whose generosity ensures that the important work of the Red Cross is provided to those in need year-round.
- Assisted 7,118 individuals affected by disaster, mainly single-family home fires
- Trained 77,517 people in life-saving skills such as CPR/AED, Aquatics and First Aid
- Provided 9,724 emergency communication services to members of the military and their families
- Distributed 119,078 units of red blood cells to area hospitals
- Managed 4,040 Red Cross volunteers