The Palmetto SC Region of the American Red Cross touches 1 in 12 lives in our community every year. We make sure your donations are used effectively and efficiently to help people right here in our community.
The Palmetto SC Region of the American Red Cross is comprised of seven Red Cross chapters that span across 35 of the 46 counties in South Carolina, serving 3.3 million people. This regional grouping of chapters enables the Red Cross to pool mutual aid and resources to better serve the people of South Carolina.
- Responded to 1,490 disasters, mainly single-family home fires
- Provided emergency assistance to 5,041 adults and children that were affected by a disaster
- Handled 5,594 military emergency communications
- Provided 123,465 pre-deployment military briefings with service members and their families
- Trained 38,227 participants in lifesaving techniques
- Managed 4,153 volunteers