The Jane Delano Student Nurse Scholarship was established to promote nursing as a career and to promote the involvement of new nurses in the Red Cross. The scholarship is available to nursing students (undergraduate or graduate) who have contributed volunteer service to or are employees of a Red Cross Unit. This year, up to three $3000 scholarships will be awarded. Preference will be given to student nurse volunteers.
Scholarships may be applied towards tuition, books, and academic fees only. Recipients of the 2014 Jane Delano Student Nurse Scholarship will be presented the award by the student’s American Red Cross unit.
- Have served as a Red Cross volunteer or employee within the past 5 years. (Preference will be given to nursing student volunteers.)
- Have completed the equivalent of at least one year of college/university credits.
- Be currently enrolled in an accredited United States nursing program.
- Be currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student in good academic standing.
- Application which includes a one page personal statement from student.
- Letter of endorsement from Red Cross unit leadership. Unit can be chapter, Regional Chapter, Blood Services region, PHSS territory, or SAF station.
- Letter of endorsement from Nursing school saying that the applicant is enrolled and in good academic standing.