Designed for students ages 11 and older, this online training provides the knowledge and skills necessary to safely and responsibly care for infants and children up to the age of 10, as well as to manage a babysitting business. It takes about 4 hours to complete and makes learning fun with lots of videos and interactive games.
A score of 80% or higher on the final exam is required to receive a printable Diploma.
Dozens of downloadable resources provide:
- Step-by-step instructions for skills, such as spoon-feeding
- Summaries of each lesson
- Templates for resumes and business cards
- Forms to aid parent interviews
- And more
- The Business of Babysitting
- You’re the Boss
- Safe and Sound on the Job
- Playing with Kids of All Ages
- From Feeding to Bedtime: Caring for Kids
- It’s an Emergency … Now What?
- Final Exam
This in-person course, which takes about 6 hours, teaches the same topics as the online babysitter training class, plus it offers hands-on skills practice and additional training in first aid.
You can also sign up for Babysitter’s Training with Pediatric First Aid/CPR, which takes about 9 ½ hours and also offers a 2-year certification in Pediatric First Aid/CPR. A digital certificate is available upon successful completion of this course.
In class, you learn how to:
- Respond to emergencies with first aid, rescue breathing and more
- Make good decisions under pressure
- Communicate effectively with parents
- Recognize safety and hygiene issues
- Manage young children
- Feed, diaper and care for infants
- Start your babysitting business
|Babysitting Basics||Babysitter's Training|
|Learn anywhere and anytime, going at your own pace||Learn from expert Red Cross trainers|
|Lots of videos and interactive exercises||Take it with your friends or make new friends who also want to babysit|
|Takes only about 4 hours||Get instant feedback with hands-on skills practice|
|Dozens of downloadable resources||More in-depth coverage of first aid topics|
|Receive a printable Diploma to share with parents||Receive a 2-year certification in Pediatric First Aid/CPR when you take the extended course|
Are you 16 and older?
Try our new Advanced Child Care Training course for sitters, nannies, and au pairs!