Register for Classes in Your Area
Developed jointly with the National Federation of State High School Associations, First Aid, Health and Safety for Coaches is designed to give students an overview of first aid and "best practices" for many first aid situations encountered by coaches. Students will learn skills directly related to athletic injuries that may also be useful for injuries to officials, fellow coaches and/or spectators.
Blended Learning CPR/AED is a great complement to this course.
Topics in this course include:
- Checking an unconscious adult or athlete
- Management of asthma
- Recognition, prevention and management of heat-related illnesses
- Recognition and management of injuries to the head, neck and spine
- Psychological and mental health problems, skin conditions and infections
Designed for scouts and scout leaders, outdoor enthusiasts and anyone who works or spends time in remote environments, this course teaches advanced skills to be used in emergencies when help from professional first responders may be far away. Based on the Boy Scouts of America Wilderness First Aid Curriculum and Doctrine Guidelines, this course aligns with OSHA’s Best Practices for Workplace First Aid Training Programs.
Prerequisites: Must be at least 14 years old and hold current adult CPR/AED certification.
2 year certification
Digital certificate available upon successful completion of course
Course length: 16 hours
- Primary and Secondary Assessments
- Head/Brain, Neck and Spinal Injuries
- Heat-Related Emergencies
- Altitude-Related Illnesses
- Allergies and Anaphylaxis
- Bone and Joint Injuries
- Wounds and Wound Infection
Learn how to respond to health emergencies and provide basic first aid for the four-legged members of your family. Practice and preparation will help you be calm and effective in an emergency, protecting you and your animal from further injury or suffering. Choose from: Dog First Aid, Cat First Aid, and Cat and Dog First Aid.
Course length: 2 1/2 – 3 1/2 hours depending on course option selected
- Understanding basic pet owner responsibilities
- Administering medicine
- Managing breathing and cardiac emergencies
- Managing urgent care situation
- Treating wounds
- Treating electrical shock
- Caring for eye, foot and ear injuries
- Preparing for disasters