The American Red Cross Mount Rainier brings together local volunteers to care for their neighbors, trains people in life-saving skills and responds to local disasters. We serve the people, businesses and communities of Pierce, Thurston, Mason, Lewis and Grays Harbor.
Through the efforts of full- and part-time employees and 500 volunteers, we provide:
Immediate, short-term disaster assistance for victims of fires, floods, earthquakes and other natural or man-made disasters
- Community disaster education
- Safety classes for adults and youth
- Emergency kits and supplies
- International communication to locate family members separated by disaster or warfare
- Emergency communication for military families
- Logged more than 35,000 volunteer hours
- Responded to 156 local disasters
- Trained 11,898 people in life-saving first aid, CPR and other safety training.
- Delivered 972 emergency messages to local military families.
- Brought together nearly 500 local volunteers who gave time and expertise.