Nominate a Hometown Hero
Every year, the American Red Cross honors courageous individuals from across Los Angeles County who have demonstrated heroism through extraordinary acts of courage and humanitarian service.
We call this event the Hometown Heroes Luncheon, and nominations are now open for our 2021 awards!
Your hero might be an ordinary citizen who performed CPR when a stranger collapsed at a shopping mall, saved someone from drowning or pulled someone from a burning car or building. We are seeking stories about ordinary people making extraordinary contributions by putting their needs aside to help others in our community.
- All nominees must work or reside in L.A. County. The heroic acts may have occurred elsewhere.
- The heroic act must have occurred outside of the normal course and scope of the hero’s usual and customary work.
- The heroic act must have taken place between January 2020 and January 2021.
- All nominees must be able to attend the Hometown Heroes event on May 14, 2021 at the Carson Civic Center in Carson, CA. Nominees must be willing to participate in video interviews and photographs for media and promotional materials unless being honored with a posthumous award.
- To nominate a hero from your community, please fill out the following form before February 14, 2021.