Join the American Red Cross of San Diego/Imperial Counties and the San Diego Regional Chamber of Commerce for the fifth annual Disaster Preparedness Academy.
Did you know that 68 percent of small business say they don’t have a disaster recovery plan, and up to 40 percent of businesses will never reopen following a major disaster?
At the Disaster Preparedness Academy, you’ll gain valuable skills and insights necessary to protect your business, employees, family, and community from the potential impacts of disasters or emergencies.
2019 sessions include:
- Keynote: Economic Impact of Disaster in our Region
Lynn Reaser, Ph.D., CBE - Point Loma Nazarene University
- Emergency Action Planning | Ready Rating
Steve Deal, Founder & Chairman at Indyme Solutions, Inc.
- Information Technology for Disasters – Panel Discussion
Cyber Center for Excellence
- Active Threat Response
John Heine, Special Operations Sergeant (Retired)
- Recovery Resources
Susheel Kumar, U.S. Small Business Administration
- Creating a Culture of Preparedness
Ed Langmaid, Aspen Risk Management and CERT San Diego
- Hands Only CPR, family preparedness, recovery resources and more
For additional information, please call (858) 309-1278.