1. The Red Cross provides free smoke alarm installation services for those who cannot afford to purchase smoke alarms or for those who are physically unable to install a smoke alarm.
2. The Red Cross provides specialized bedside alarms for individuals who are deaf and/or hard of hearing.
3. The Red Cross Central and Southern Illinois Region provides appointment-based services in the 78 counties in the Central and Southern Region.
4. If you live outside of the geographical area that this Region serves and would like to find out if a Region in your area provides free, appointment-based services, please visit RedCross.org to identify your local Region office and their contact information.
5. If you are able to purchase and install your own smoke alarm, but would like information on home fire safety and smoke alarm installation, please visit redcross.org/homefire to learn more about home fire preparedness.