The American Red Cross Eastern New York Region helps people in emergencies every day. Volunteers are involved in every aspect of the Red Cross mission and constitute well over 90% of our workforce! Our vital work is made possible by people just like you who want to make a difference in the community. The American Red Cross needs you!
As a volunteer in the Eastern New York Region, here are just a few of the ways you that can make an impact with your time and your talents:
- Join the Disaster Action Team – be on-call to provide shelter, food, comfort and hope to families in your area displaced by house fires and other disasters
- Become a large-scale disaster worker – fill one of the many service, functional or administrative roles needed during a relief operation for large populations.
- Become a Health & Safety instructor – teach people how to save lives with skills such as first aid and CPR
- Lead disaster preparedness courses – help individuals in your community prepare themselves and their loved ones for emergencies of all kinds
- Become a Services to Armed Forces volunteer – support members of the military, veterans and military families through a wide variety of local programs and events
- Staff local blood drives – ensure a safe and stable blood supply by welcoming and assisting donors at local blood drives
- Serve as a board member – help connect, represent and guide the work of the Red Cross in your community
- Start or join a Red Cross Club – become the next generation of Red Crossers in your high school, college or community
- Join the Public Affairs team – tell the Red Cross story to media and the general public
- Support fundraising efforts – help with special events and campaigns to raise the funds that make it possible to deliver critical services
- Provide support at a local chapter office – ensure that day-to-day operations run smoothly by working on projects, welcoming guests and answering phones
Please contact us if you have any questions:
Email: Volunteer Services
Call: (518) 694-5103