The Red Cross is empowering residents to be ready for the ‘Big One’ by holding an earthquake preparedness seminar in Eugene on April 4.
EUGENE, Ore., April 1, 2019 – The American Red Cross is helping our community to be ready for a 9.0 Cascadia earthquake and disasters of all kinds by holding “Prepare Out Loud”, a preparedness presentation, in Eugene on Thursday, April 4. Prepare Out Loud presentations are free, interactive sessions focusing on local disaster risks, the hazards of the Cascadia Subduction Zone and simple steps to prepare for disasters of all kinds.
April 4, 2019, 5 – 7:30 p.m. in Eugene
- South Eugene High School Auditorium, 400 E 19th Ave., Eugene, OR 97401
- Free to attend. RSVP at http://www.cvent.com/d/t6qwlq
- Facebook event Link: https://www.facebook.com/events/258800941697704/
- A preparedness resource fair will be held before the presentation from 5 – 6 p.m. The Prepare Out Loud presentation will take place from 6 – 7:30 p.m.
Prepare Out Loud Presentation:
Simple and tangible steps to take right now to be ready for disasters big and small
- The science and history of the Cascadia Subduction Zone
- Human behavior during emergencies
- What to expect during and after a Cascadia earthquake or other large-scale disaster
- How to prepare to quickly locate your loved ones
- How much food, water and supplies you will need to take care of yourself and others
Review a kit list and other Red Cross recommended emergency planning actions: redcross.org/PrepareGuide.
About the American Red Cross
The American Red Cross shelters, feeds and provides emotional support to victims of disasters; supplies about 40 percent of the nation's blood; teaches skills that save lives; provides international humanitarian aid; and supports military members and their families. The Red Cross is a not-for-profit organization that depends on volunteers and the generosity of the American public to perform its mission. For more information, please visit redcross.org/Cascades or find us on Facebook at Red Cross Cascades, Twitter at @RedCrossCasc and on Instagram at @RedCrossCascades.