1. Used wisely, a matching gift program, either from a corporation or a private donor, can greatly influence prospective Tiffany Circle members to commit. Matching gifts help transition a donor, especially young or tentative major donors, towards becoming a full-paying member. However, if the donor does not become seriously engaged with the mission of the Red Cross, experience suggests they will discontinue donations if match support concludes.
2. Gifts received through United Way or other federated campaigns can be counted only if the Tiffany Circle member’s gift to United Way is specifically designated to the American Red Cross. Furthermore, only the amount of the final cash received should be counted (i.e., the value of the gift after the subtraction of any United Way administrative fees).
3. The American Red Cross appreciates many forms of planned gifts, including endowments, charitable lead trusts, and charitable remainder trusts. Please speak with your local Red Cross relationship manager or Mandy Peebles at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Donations made through special events, either through tickets, tables, or sponsorships are generally not recognized towards the Tiffany Circle since the recipient enjoys some value in return for the contribution (i.e., the value of a meal or marketing).
5. To be determined by the Regional Executive and Regional Chief Development Officer.
6. Corporate donors contributing $1 million or more annually in unrestricted or budget-relieving giving to the organization receive complementary membership for one female executive in the Tiffany Circle, for as long as they remain at this funding level. Please speak with the company’s Red Cross relationship manager or Jessica Danaceau at Jessica.Danaceau@redcross.org.